Monday, September 17, 2007

Contest Underway!















Okay, here it is. I decided it would be fun to find out how much sock yarn do I really have? I have to say, I really had no idea how much I had. It doesn't look like so much, but there is quite a bit! Though, I think that I could eventually use up all of this yarn, it wouldn't be easy and socks would be what I was making for a long, long time. On with the game...I have all of my sock yarn tucked away in various places of one room, which are pictured above (some pictures are just close ups showing each basket and/or bag). It is our third bedroom, play room, yarn room and christmas decoration storage room. I have counted all of the yarn in this room, plus one ball of yarn in a bag (socks to be completed for my mother in law - Valerie) and one work in progress (as shown in a previous post), so HOW MUCH SOCK YARN IS HERE (# of skeins)? Leave your guess by commenting to this entry. The contest will end Friday, 4:30 pm EST. What is the prize? A free skein of sock yarn from one of these amazing dyers: Zen String, Yarn Pirate, Perchance to Knit, Scout, Blue Moon and Lavender Sheep. Good Luck everyone!
P.S. Can you believe that I am actually going to tell the world and (specifically my husband) how much sock yarn I really have? What was I thinking? Maybe he won't notice when I make the annoucement on Friday?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess is you have just enough for your husband to have you committed. Get knitting!

Cindy said...

My guess is 156 skeins. Regardless of the actual number, you have some BEAUTIFUL yarns in your stash!!! I don't know how you could part with any of it!!!

Pam said...

I agree with the two previous comments but I will guess 187 skeins.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if you want us to gues # of skeins or # of pairs of socks. I'm just going to follow the trend and guess skeins - 137.

Camille said...

My guess is 94 skeins.

Bev said...

Love the collection of yarn a great stash My guess is around 163

white oak studio said...

hmmm, ok I'll guess 191 skeins

I found you through the woolgirl sock club blog! Jana

Phoebe said...

Great concept...I have loads squirreled away in various places so makes me wonder how much I have...my guess is that you have 122 skeins of sock yarn.

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. 210 skeins?

Anonymous said...

My guess is 142 skeins -- which I hope is more than my stash -- I'm not brave enough to do this contest myself!

Anna said...

Wow... look at all that yarn! It looks like a well stocked yarn shop.
Hmmm... I will say 198 skeins.

Anonymous said...

I'll guess that you have 165 skeins of yarn in your stash.

Mary said...

You lucky dog! I'm guessing 215 and I think he'll want his half in the settlement when he finds out how many are there!
Mary

Your New Home Awaits said...

Love the great stash. My guess is 124.

CurlyBrunette said...

Lets see, a number I wanted to chose was already picked so my guess for the number of skeins of sock yarn that YOU own and are in the pictures is (drumroll please)....126
I am crossing my fingers (like I need more sock yarn!)

Anonymous said...

WOW - now I don't feel so bad with my 70+ skeins of sock yarn!!
I'm guessing you have 226 skeins of gorgeous yarn!

ikkinlala said...

230 skeins?