Thursday, October 25, 2007

Where has the past two weeks gone??









I am so sorry for not blogging sooner, but I have been just crazy busy! First, my mother comes into town. The pictures above show where she slept in the guest room with all of the yarn, which is her favorite place in the house, of course! Second, our brand new (finished in July, 2007!) $10,000.00 roof started leaking. Third, I have to get fitted for my braidsmaid dress for a wedding that is happening this Sunday (I can't believe that my brother in law will be married!). I had a great time with my mother. We went yarn shopping at local LYS, make up shopping at Sephora and book shopping (knitting books, of course!) at Borders. I also had some progress on the two socks at once and had some beautiful sock yarn come in. Have I mentioned how much I love the yarn pirate? Her latest installment (Killer Bees) is just gorgeous and it came with two needles! She is the best! I normally would never pick these colors, but dyed together they are just stunning! I also got some amazing yarn to go with it from Cherry Tree Hill at the local LYS, it is a small skein of fingering weight alpaca and glitter in the same colorway (minus the black). I am going to make socks with glitter cuffs! I don't have a picture yet of the CTH yarn, but will show it later this week. I also received some sport weight yarn from Zen Strings, which is another amazing dyer in the Pumpkin King colorway. Just gorgeous! I have so many gifts to make and it has taken me three weeks to get halfway with my mother in law's socks, so my mother suggested that I make smaller stuff, which is a great idea. So, I decided to make heart shaped satchels and put lavender and vanilla in them for lingerie drawers or just for hanging. The pattern (from daily knitting) uses fingering weight yarn so I have plenty of that. Well, that about wraps it up. I am going to take my camera with me to the wedding so there will be lots of pictures going up. By the way, Rob's cousin loved the cardigan! I also got my future sister-in-law knitting. Her first project, a baby sock (her sister is pregnant)! I know, pretty bold, but I think that she is doing great. I have her using sport weight, which is easier than fingering weight. She is actually doing pretty well, actually great really considering knitting in the round on double pointed needles, heel flap, picking up stitches, turning of the heel and the decreases for the toe. After that, I will show her how to kitchner stitch and she can start the next one.

No comments: