Thursday, October 11, 2007

Emergency room visit, vacation day and knitting





Does that look like a child that needs to go to the emergency room? My son's school called on Tuesday and said that he had been crying and touching his throat and stomach. Later on in the day at school, I had called the school back and they said that he was fine, playing, etc. Rob took him to therapy and he did terrible in therapy, crying most of the time. I called the urgent care center, got Zach an appointment for 7:45 pm that night, called my boss and told him what was going on. Luckily for me, I have a very understanding boss! Anyway, here are pictures of Zachary waiting for the on call doctor to come in and...guess what....he has strep throat. This seemingly happy child has strep throat! Kids are so resilient! He was highly contagious so he got a free day out of school and I used up one of only two vacation days that I have for the rest of the year! At least yesterday was not a total loss, I was able to start on one of my many christmas gifts (socks for Valerie, my mom in law). I decided that I have too much trouble trying to make sure that both socks match so I am trying two socks at once on two circular needles. I would not recommend trying this unless you have at least two hours to kill (just to set up the yarn, needles, etc.) It was very confusing and until I got the hang of what I was doing, it just looked like a jumbled mess! It looks a lot better now and more pictures tomorrow of that. The only problem is that I think that I might have my socks inside out. The right side is on the inside which happens to me occasionally and I just flip them inside out, however, with two on the same needles, can I do that? I have to also say that I love working with this yarn - STR seduction - colorway love in idleness. It is so beautiful to look at and the touch of it is amazing and it is knitting up beautifully! I want to get some more (perhaps in the jingle bell rock coloway?) We shall see. Yippee, tomorrow is Friday!

1 comment:

CurlyBrunette said...

glad your son is doing better, he's so sweet! I know what you mean about the 2 circular knitting. I bought the book and everything and I still couldnt do it! I am a devoted magic looper and there is a great book called 2 SOCKS ON 1 CIRCULAR by Melissa Morgan-Oakes coming out on 12/1. I was so impatient for it to come out that I figured it out by myself and now I have 2 socks on one needle done up to the heel. Now I have to try to figure it out from there. Good luck with the socks!