Monday, October 8, 2007

Monday, Monday


Today is casual day in the office and of course, I forgot. So, I am dressed in office attire and everyone else is in jeans. At least I am wearing dress pants and not a skirt with pantyhose or I would feel really stupid. My hubby is coming home today (yeah!). I missed him very much. He is my rock, my everything. I realized this weekend how much I need him and I can't imagine my life without him. Over the weekend, I finished the baby cardigan. It is so cute! I really worked hard on it and I hope that Kimmi likes it. I have never put buttons on a garment before so I went to look through some of my knitting finishing books for help. They gave me NO HELP WHATSOEVER! What is up with that shit? Just because I can knit, doesn't mean that I know how to sew a button on!? I went through 12 books before I gave up and just winged it. The books show you how to create a buttonhole, button band, different size holes, etc. Then when comes down to putting them, they all say "sew button". I realize that the books are knitting books and not sewing books, but couldn't they give instruction on how to sew a button onto knitted material? Hello! Has anyone else been frustrated by instructional books assuming too much? In any event, the buttons came out fine, but it took me over an hour just to sew them on. By the way, Happy Columbus Day to the US! and Happy Thanksgiving to Canada!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

You are too kind and I am lucky to have you. It is so great to be back home with you and Zack. I love you and I missed you guys so much this past few days. (the sweater looks great!)

Rob