Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Miss Babs Color Contest


Winner #2: BelindaYarn Name: Pookie – Dark chocolate brown/cream/olive


Description: "I call him Pookie. My son’s eyes have always reminded me of the teddy bear that the comic strip/cartoon character Garfield has so I have called my son Pookie from the day that he was born (not his real name!). When you look in my son’s eyes they are so dark brown (almost black) like a teddy bear, deep, deep brown, with no flecks of any other color, but they have a lightness to them that radiates from within like a creamy olive when the light catches them the right way. Quite spectacular, actually."


I can't believe that I was a winner in the color contest! I always enter these online contests be they guessing games or any other type of game and I never win! I am so excited! My son is such a sweet boy and his eyes really do look like Pookie's eyes. He is always happy, no matter what is going on, he always has a smile on his face. I love him to pieces! Above is a picture of him with his equally handsome father! That picture was taken at Flamingo Gardens this past weekend. The weather here has been just gorgeous, sunny (75%) and humidity free. On the knitting front: I am working on the grinchy, grouchy sock pattern, but I am using the last yarn pirate club colorway in Killer Bees with some fingering glitter yarn that I am carrying along until I get to the heel (or until I run out), then I will stop using it. I am not sure that I like how it looks. Will post pics tomorrow so you can see what I mean. I may rip it back, but would hate to do that as the glitter/mohair will not like that at all. Well, I must get back to work. Talk to you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you won the contest. On your way to fame and riches I see. I love you.

Rob