Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hopping to the frog pond!






I have decided to frog the sock that I started with the Killer Bees colorway from the booty club with the glitter yarn mix. I just do not like the top of the sock and I wanted these socks to be longer than my usual and the top of the sock is so tight (as you can see) that I can't get it that far up my leg, so I am frogging it. It is not going to be easy so I am going to start working on my mother's christmas gift instead and will frog when I am in the right frame of mind. I am looking forward to her gift. The pattern is from heartstrings (beaded hand warmers)! She is an avid, wonderful, amazing, knitter, but would never knit something like this for herself so I am thrilled to make it knowing she is not making one and would never make one. She thinks that knitting with beads is too much trouble, but I on the other hand love to do it. I have to start now or else I will never finish it. The yarn is from Whitewillow on etsy in the colorway "Alice's Garden" which has pinks, light green and russet purple and the beads are a light rainbow green. It is going to look amazing! I will keep you updated. Oh, and work totally sucks! Why do I have to work??

1 comment:

Rani said...

After attempting several pretty but 'yucky-to-wear' cuffs, I think I will stick to the good old k2,p2 cuff. It's just so darn practical and hard to beat. The sock yarn color is groovy-baby! I love it!

Did you get your yummy Woolgirl kit yet!?!!??!?