Monday, January 14, 2008

Gorgeous Yarn!









It has been so crazy the past week! My birthday was last week, which my loving husband would not let me forget! I am the older one in the relationship so when my birthday comes around, he always reminds me that he is the younger one (only by six months, but it makes him feel good, so I let him have his six months). Turning 30 was not a problem for me at all, however, turing 35 is kinda sticking in my craw. I don't know why, but it is. Last night my father told me that it was because I was half way to 70 (isn't he sweet!!!). I have also been fighting a cold, which has my sinuses going haywire. On the knit side of life, I having been working on and finished over the weekend some socks in the Unique Sheep sport weight, colorway woolgirl with a twist. I love the yarn and the colorway! Jennifer of Woolgirl is having a big sale that you must go to. Isn't the yarn just gorgeous! The pattern is Swirl socks (I used a magic loop toe start and a short row heel (that looks like I picked up stitches). I love that too! The pattern was a free online pattern from Cidermoon, but I think that the website is still down so I don't know what is going there. Well, I better get back to work. Happy Knitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I too never had a problem with 30; turning 35 did, however bug me and I never understood why. Turning 40 didn't phase me a bit - I wonder what 45 will bring?

Your socks look fantastic!!!!

Wool Girl said...

LOVE these socks! That colorway is fantastic! WOW!